In between summer and autumn, in between light and not light, definitely tasty, crunchy and perfect as a dessert or breakfast. This was the idea behind this tart, which in Italy we call crostata.
I have never been the girl picking fruits, I have to admit that. I have always been the chobby, lazy, funny one. Waiting for the fruits to be ready in a cake. Nevertheless, once I started living by myself and grew up, I realized how much I have been missing, how the seasonal fruit is much tastier than a peach in December.
This cake is all about the summer-autumn period. You start smelling the pumpkin, but they are yet not ready. A mixture of autumn and summer flavours. As usual, you should be creative. Try different nuts, fruits and consistencies for getting your faourite and perfect tart. This are the very basis.
“I hope I can be the autumn leaf, who looked at the sky and lived.
And when it was time to leave, gracefully it knew life was a gift.”Dodinsky
Autumn Tart: Ricotta and Pistachio Frangipane with Plums
- Electric Whisk or Kitchen Robot
- 18 cm Cake Mold
- Rolling Pin
- 1 Shortcrust Pastry Check out my previous recipe
- 100 gr Ricotta
- 75 gr Pistachio
- 30 gr Flour
- 1 Egg
- 80 gr Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Plums
- Prepare the sortcrust pastry and let it chill for 30 minutes in the freezer or 1 hour in the fridge. Half will be enough for the tart.
- Prepare the frangipane by mixing together the ricotta, sugar and eggs, until smooth and combined. Grind the pistachios very finely with and electric blender to get a pistachio flour. Add the pistachio flour and the flour to the batter and mix well.
- Cut the plums into half and make some thin slices. Put aside for decoration. On a baking sheet, roll out the shortcrust pastry, to a 2-3 mm sheet and place it on the tart mold. Fill it with the frangipane and decorate with the plums.
- With the shorcrust leftovers, create some decoration. Bake them for 20 minutes at 170 C.
- Bake the tart for 45 minutes at 170 C. Let it cool and finish by decorating with the shortcrust party leftovers.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!