Aren’t hash browns the best brunch item ever? Warm, crunchy and just perfect with eggs and avo. I have to say, you should definitely switch your avo on toast or eggs on toast with hash brown anything.
As autumn suddenly arrived (when did summer end, exactly?) I started craving pumpkin everything. I really can’t help it, I love pumpkin prepared in any possible way. And, as autumn calls for pumpkin, brunch calls for hash browns. This is the result of the combination of the two. Now, I am aware hash browns are usually fried, but believe me when I say this baked version is as good as the traditional fried fritters. Be careful with the potatoes you choose better choose starchy potatoes, like Russel, and you’ll get an amazing, healthy, tasty brunch in no time.
“Isabelle glanced back at them. “They’re staring at you. Maybe their master died and they’re looking for another vampire to own them. You could have pets.” She grinned.Cassandra Clare
“Or,” Simon said ,”maybe they’re here for the hash browns.”
Baked Pumpkin Hashbrowns
- Vegetables Grater
- baking tray
- 250 gr Butternut Squash or Pumpkin
- 250 gr Potatoes
- 3 tbsp Chickpeas Flour
- 50 gr Vegan Greek Cheese
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- as required Olive Oil
For the Toppings
- 1 Egg
- 1 Avocado
- 4-5 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tahini Sauce
- to taste Salt, Pepper, Chilli, Lemon Juice
- Remove the pumpkin skin and grate it. Grate the potatoes as well (leave the skin if you like it, but wash them well) and mix all together in a bowl with the chickpeas flour, the vegan greek cheese, salt and pepper.
- Line up a baking tray with some baking sheet, brush some oil oil on top and make some flat rings with the potatoes-pumpkin mixture. You can help yourself with the shaping by using some pastry rings. Brush with some olive oil.
- Bake at 200C for 20-30 minutes, until golden. In the meantime, prepare the pouched egg and the guac sauce. For the guac sauce, just mix together everything except for the egg of course and it's ready. You could serve these eggs with anything else too.
- Line up the hashbrowns with the egg and gac sauce and enjoy your brunch.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!