This is cinnamon rolls period, pumpkin spice season, brown leaves time. The perfect period for making experiments with these amazing ingredients. I love smelling pumpkin spice in the house. You can just close your eyes for seeing Christmas around the corner.
I’ve been feeling like making some spiced cookies for a while, and now felt like the perfect period. These cookies are a mixture between biscuits and cinnamon buns. Crunchy and perfect with your coffee, tea or hot chocolate. Smaller and healthier than cinnamon buns, they are definitely addictive. On a plus side, they last up to a week in a sealed container, maintaining their fragrance and texture.
“It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.”Sarah Addison Allen
Buckwheat Pumpkin All Spices Cookies
- baking tray
- Rolling Pin
- 300 gr Buckwheat Flour
- 110 gr Brown Sugar
- 80 gr Vegan Butter
- 100 gr Vegan Spread Cheese
- 100 gr Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
For the Filling
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 40 gr Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 20 gr Cocoa Powder
For the Glaze
- 50 gr Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tbsp Water
- Mix together all the dough ingredients, Starting with the powders and adding the butter, pumpkin puree and spread cheese slowly. Knead the sough until smooth. Add some flour in case too sticky, Let it rest 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Prepare the filling by mixing the pumpkin puree with sugar and the pumpkin spice. Add some flour on the working surface, roll out the dough making a rectangular shape 2-3 cm thick. Add the filling, leaving some space at the edges and roll in the dough starting from one of the shorter edges. Cover in baking paper and let it rest in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Warm up the oven at 180C. Take out the rolled dough and cut it to 2 cm cookies. Use a thin thread for getting a better round shape (using a knife would squeeze the sound shape of the cookies) and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool. Prepare the icing and decorate the cookies. Enjoy!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!