Crunchy chickpeas are something that has been in the internet for a while now. Why not give it an upgrade and serve it as a tasty appetizer or main with some mashed potatoes, beets and spinach? Curry of course is the main flavour.
I wanted to try these famous crunchy chickpeas for a while now, but I really did not know how to pair them. Then, I realized there was an amazing recipe on the “One Pound Meal- Meat Free” book by Miguel Barclay and I got inspired. I have to day, since I started this blog adventure, buying cooking books and utensils have been an addiction. And I have no regrets. I added some beets to the recipe, to make everything sweeter and more colorful and it was just amazing.
“Mashed potato work great as a black canvas for creating interesting dishes.”Miguel Barclay
Chickpeas and Saag Mash
- oven tray
- pot with boiling water
- frying pan
- Potatoes Masher
- 200 gr Chickpeas drained (from a 400 gr Can)
- 200 gr Frozen Spinach Defrosted
- 2 Boiled Beetroot
- 1 Large Potato
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- as required Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven at 190C. Put the chickpeas on a oven tray and season with olive, oil, curry powder, paprika and salt. Mix and roast for about 25 min.
- Meantime, peel and dice the potatoes. Cook the in a pot of boiling water for about ten minutes. Drain, toss them in a frying pan with some warm olive oil on it and add the beetroots. Cook for other 10 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes and beetroot, and stir the spinach in the same frying pan, adding some olive oil, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix the mashed mixture together with the spinach.
- Serve the mash topped with the chickpeas and a drizzle of olive oil.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!