Who’s a Tofu fan? well, I’m not. I found some very few dishes that make me appreciate tofu. especially firm tofu, which I know, it’s kind of weird. Well, it doesn’t really matter if you are a tofu fan or not, you’ll love this recipe.
You know I love colours. I’m just addicted. But you should know by now I love tasty colourful dishes. Especially if they’re quick and easy to make. This appetizer is all of that: tasty, easy and colourful. Why not impressing some guests or friend with a colour changing appetizer?
Pro: very very tasty and quick, cabbage and wakame taste quite strong.
Cons: cabbage and wakame taste quite strong, hubby didn’t appreciate so much.
“Well, there was a time when we used to sacrifice goats, but then we all became vegans, so we’ve been sacrificing tofu before the shows!”Jared Leto
Colorful Tofu Appetizer
- Small Pot with Boiling Water (300-500 ml)
- frying pan
- 300 gr Firm Tofu
- as required Corn or Potato Starch
- as required Vegetable oil
For the Sauce
- 200 gr Red Cabbage
- 1 tsp Miso Paste
- as required Bicarbonate of Soda
- as required Lemon Juice
- 10 gr Wakame Seaweed
- 10 gr Ginger Paste
- as required Salt
- Unwrap the tofu and lay it on a plate wrapped with kitchen paper and with a weight on top, for draining. Leave it like this for at least 15-20 min. You could also leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Start from the sauce. Slice the cabbage, doesn't really matter how, and boil it in salted water with a teaspoon of miso paste for about 15 minutes. The water will become purple.
- In the meantime, cut the Tofu into squares and dust it into the corn or potato starch. Warm up a pan with some olive oil and pan fry them until golden-browned, turning them every now and then.
- Wet the wakame seaweed with some water, I wrapped them for 5-10 minutes with some soaked some kitchen paper. Drain the cabbage, keeping the water and add some soda bicarbonate, the water will turn blue.
- Pour the cabbage water into four plate, divide the tofu, decorate them with the wakame, ginger and some salt. Add some olive drops on top.
- pour drops of lemon juice wherever you want it to become pink.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!