Eggs are my go-to whenever I am not sure what to have for dinner, or if I am hungry and in a rush. This oven baked eggs are quick and perfect for those times when you are super hungry and you really need something quick and tasty.
We went to Tk-Maxx last weekend and I found the cutest ramekins, by Le Creuset. I new I had to get them straight away and I thought of trying them straight away with this quick and easy recipe. What’s better than some baked eggs, right? I added on top some of my pistachio pesto and that became one of our favourite meal of this last period.
“The gilded confines of the Beauty Hall were not my preferred habitat; like the chicken that had laid the eggs for my sandwich, I was more of a free-range creature.”Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine
Eggs en Cocotte with Spinach and Pistachio Pesto
- Cocottes – small ramekins
- frying pan
- oven tray
- 2 Rggs
- 300 gr Spinach I used Frozen
- 1 Onion
- 1-2 tbsp Pistachio pesto see my previous recipe
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- as required Butter
- as required Olive Oil
- Warm up some oil in a frying pan and cook the chopped onion and spinach for about 10-15 min. Season and leave aside
- Grease the ramekins with some butter, create a layer of spinach and break the egg on top. Close with a lid or some aluminium foil and bake at 180C for 8-10 min (up to 15 if you prefer a firm yolk).
- Carefully take out the ramekins, season and add the pistachio pesto. Enjoy warm.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!