Autumn is here, not sure how you feel about it? Me neither! If you are looking for a quick and easy fluffy plum cake for breakfast this autumn, don’t look any further. This moist, deliciously and naturally sweet plum cake will make you forget the hot summer and travel directly to the autumn tastes.
This cake is so quick and delicious, you’ll bake it again and again as soon as it’s over. The sweetness of the figs and crunchiness of the pistachios are just the perfect delicious combo for starting the autumn with the right kick. It easily get vegan, by substituting condensed milk with coconut cream (add 50 gr of honey in this case) or vegan condensed milk. Believe me when I say it won’t last long on the kitchen counter, but if it does, it will still be perfectly moist after a week!
“To eat figs off the tree in the very early morning, when they have been barely touched by the sun, is one of the exquisite pleasures of the Mediterranean.”Elizabeth David, An Omelette and a Glass of Wine
Figs and Pistachio Light and Fluffy Plum Cake
- 1 Plum Cake Mold mine was 22 cm
- 1 Bowl
- 340 ml Condensed Milk (one small can)
- 200 gr White Flour
- 50 gr Pistachio Flour
- 100 ml Milk
- 50 gr Olive Oil
- 1/2 Lemon Zest
- 3-4 Dried Figs
- 10 gr Baking Powder
For the decoration
- 50 gr Icing Sugar
- 2-3 drops Lemon Juice
- to taste Ground Pistachio
- Warm up the oven to 200C. Mix the two different milk together and add the flour. Mix well until combined. Add the olive oil and baking powder.
- Lastly, cut the dried figs and add them in the dough with the lemon zest. Mix well.
- Line up a plum cake mold with baking paper. Pour the mixture in the mold and bake for about 30/40 minutes. Let it cool down completely before decorating.
- Let it cool completely, mix the icing sugar with the lemon juice to get a thick and white cream. Pour it on top of the cooled cake and decorate with crushed pistachios.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!