Do you know that mellow sensation when you give a bite to a gorgeous brownie? That’s what I felt when trying out this cake. Perfect for not feeling guilty about enjoying an amazing sweet dessert.
I literally have no idea how this baked good came out from my mind. I wanted to bake some almond cookies at start. But then the eggs I used were too big, I did not have enough almonds to grind for compensating and the final mixture resulted very moist, impossible to shape in a cookie.
It was so good, I had to prepare it twice during the week, as my husband made it disappear too quickly for even taking pictures. Use some dark chocolate in case you find the white being to sweet (this is me indeed) and substitute the egg whites with acquafaba in case you need this being vegan. I’m serious when I say this is a BOMB!
“You would be amazed by what you can give up, lose, or break, and yet still be a person who gets happy over brownies.”Augusten Burroughs
Gluten, Butter and Guilt -Free Almond Brownie
- Electric Food Chopper
- (Electric) Whisk
- oven tray
- 200 gr Almond
- 50 gr Sugar I used Demerara
- 50 gr Icing Sugar
- 50 gr Shredded Coconut
- 100 gr Egg Whites 2 Eggs whites approx
- 50 gr White Chocolate plus 30 gr extra for the decoration
- 1 Lemon Zest
- 5 gr Baking Powder
- 1 pich Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 1/2 tsp Beetroot Powder optional
- Whip the egg whites and finely grind the almonds. Mix the lemon zest with the sugars.
- Mix together all the ingredients except for the white chocolate. Cut the white chocolate into chunks and leave on a side.
- Line up a baking tray with baking paper and make a thick layer with 3/4 of the almond mixture, add some chocolate chunks and the remaining almond mixture on top.
- Dust with some icing sugar and bake at 180C for 15-20 min, 15 min if you prefer the brownie to be moist.
- Melt some white chocolate in the microwave and mix with beetroot powder (optional). Use a teaspoon to decorate the brownie.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!