You would never believe vegan home made ice cream can be so quick and easy to make. you would need very few ingredients for the basic “plain” recipe and can create as many different flavours as you like, by adding different fruits/aromas.
I have created these ice cream by mixing together some of my favourite ingredients ever. I am just in love with grapefruit and dark chocolate, and have a deepest passion for Campari. Thus, definitely needed to try mixing them up and create this quick and tasty recipe. I used some ice cream molds for these, but you can use the same recipe for making ice cream in a bowl and having ice cream balls! Check out the notes for the how to and try it out.
Even though you are making this for kids, do not omit the Campari as you would need it for the ice cream not too crystalize and get too hard. You could try using a bit less Campari. Also, in case you find it a bit too bitter, add a tbsp of honey. Both Campari and grapefruit are slightly bitter, which is the main reason I love this ice cream flavour so much.
“If the rain were Bitter Campari – Se la pioggia fosse di Bitter Campari”Fortunato Depero
Grapefruit, Chocolate and Campari Vegan Ice Cream Lolly
- 1 sauce pan
- 1 Kitchen Robot or Whipping Whisk
- 1 Lolly Mold
- 200 ml Light Coconut Cream
- 1/2 Grapefruit
- 30 gr Sugar
- 1 tbsp Campari
- 35 gr Dark Chocolate
- Leave the coconut cream in the freezer for about 1 hour. Squeeze the grapefruit and pour the juice in a sauce pan, add the sugar and bring to boil.
- Once the sugar melts, leave aside and let it cool. Take the coconut cream out and remove the transparent fat part (it will be pretty easy) and place the thick white part in a bowl. Whip it up until you see it's consistent.
- Slowly, mix the grapefruit syrup, add the campari and some grapefruit peel, grated. mix well, chop the chocolate and add it too.
- Place the mixture in the ice cream molds and let it freeze for about 2-3 hours. Decorate with melted chocolate if you like and enjoy!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!