Are you very busy as well in this period? This is the perfect quick, easy and yet impressive dinner for you! Crunchy on the outside, with a delicious creamy cavolo nero and ricotta filling. Get creative and add any other cheese or veggie inside, the result will be delicious!
I’m in love with filo pastry, it’s so versatile! I adore its crispy texture and the fact that you can really fill it with anything – sweet or savoury, the result will always be amazing. I decided to use it for making these single-portion swirls, quick and easy for a delicious dinner, but perfect for a pic-nic as well. As usual, it’s a very rainy and unpredictable period here in Scotland, but I believe there’s some sun underneath those clouds!
“Life is too short to make filo pastry!”Mary Berry
Impressing, Quick and Delicious: Filo Pastry Swirls with Cavolo Nero and Ricotta
- pot with boiling water
- oven tray
- 300 gr Cavolo Nero
- 250 gr Ricotta ot Tofu
- 6 Filo Pastry Sheets
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon Zest
- to taste Thyme and Basil
- as required Olive Oil
- Remove the hard stem from the cavolo nero and boil the leaves for 10-15 min. Drain them, wash with cold water and squeeze to remove all the water excess. Drain the ricotta and put it aside.
- Finely cut or grind with an electric blender the cavolo nero and mix it with the ricotta, salt, lemon zest, pepper and herbs.
- Take out a filo sheet on the working surface. Get the cavolo nero filling and make a line (2 cm width) on one side, then start rolling the pastry through the other side.
- Add some more oil on top and make a swirl with the pastry. be careful or it will break. Continue until the sheets are over.
- Bake at 180C for 20 min. Enjoy either warm or cold!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!