Does it ever happen to you to make some risotto and have all those leftover veggies form the broth? These croquettes are the perfect solution for a quick and tasty appetizer, recycling boiled veggies or any veggie you have left in the fridge. Especially handy for when we go home for the holidays, and we really need to finish up any veggie remaining and avoid food waste as much as possible.
I paired these croquettes with some avocado sauce and roasted potatoes. Ideal for a balanced meal and a flavourful dinner or appetizer. I believe croquettes are so much fun. It’s almost like magic: you put everything together, make a ball and bake in the oven and that’s done. Try making them in advance and rewarming on Christmas day, they can be a delicious make-ahead appetizer!
“People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas.”Unknown
Mozzarella and Veggies Croquettes
- baking tray
- 300-400 gr Mixed Boiled Veggies I used two tomatoes, one big courgette, one onion two carrots
- 1 Egg
- 60 gr Mozzarella
- 30 gr Grated Parmesan
- 60-70 gr Breadcrumbs plus extra for coating
- as required Olive Oil
- to taste Salt, Pepper and Spices
- Chop the boiled vegetables into cubes and dry them a bit with a towel. In a bowl, mix the veggies, mozzarella, parmesan and egg. Then add the breadcrumbs and season.
- Make some oval shaped balls and coat them with some extra breadcrumbs. Place on a linen baking tray. Grease them slightly with some Olive Oil and bake for 15-20 min at 180C. You can bake the potatoes as well in the meantime. Enjoy warm!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!