It’s summer season, which means it’s time for quick, easy and fresh recipes. You will only need four ingredients for these amazingly tasty tarts, which are perfect to bring to the beach or on a pic nic. The sweet peaches perfectly pair with the strong smoked cheese, exploding in your mouth.
To be fair, I had the idea for these tarts completely by chance. Ask you husband to bring home some fillo pastry and order a magic box with Too Good To Go: you’ll get some puff pastry instead and loads of peaches to be used quickly. Of course, I don’t complain at all. I love creating random tasty dishes with whatever I can find in the fridge. It’s challenging and surprising, most of the time.
Have you ever heard of Too Good To Go? I believe it’s a game-changer idea, especially if you live in such an expensive country as Switzerland. You order a magic box from the closest supermarket and you get loads of fruits and veggies for just 5/6 CHF (4/5 £). Of corse, these aren’t the most beautiful veggies (they couldn’t sell them indeed) but believe me when I say they are still really good and definitely worth a try!
“Sunrise paints the sky with pinks and the sunset with peaches. Cool to warm. So is the progression from childhood to old age.”Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
Peaches and Potatoes Tarts with Smoked Scamorza Cheese
- oven tray
- Chopping Board
- 1 Puff Pastry Sheet
- 3-4 Peaches
- 3-4 Small Potatoes
- 100-150 gr Scamorza Cheese
- to taste Salt, Pepper and Thyme
- as required Olive Oil
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut it into squares (I made 12). Leave aside.
- Cut the peaches into wedges. Slice the potatoes placing them into a bowl, and season with salt, pepper, olive oil and thyme. Cop the cheese into cubes as well. Warm up the oven at 180C.
- Place the peach wedges, potatoes and cheese on the puff pastry sheet, season again with thyme and pepper and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the puff pastry results golden and crispy. Eat warm or cold.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!