For when you need a quick, tasty and healthy fix in the evening. This rolls are delicious and packed with proteins. Both versions are equally delicious. Perfect for those evenings you really can’t be bothered cooking an elaborated meal, but still want to be fancy in some way.
When seeing around these amazing frittata rolls, I’ve always been thinking they were too much of a fuss to prepare. What if the egg layer breaks while you’re trying to roll it? All that work for nothing. Well, believe me. It happened with the vegan version. Howvwer, it was so tasty I had to post it anyways. I know where was the mistake – I let it bake for too long- and adapted the recipe. I’ll update the pictures as soon as I’ll make the real version.
The best part is that you could literally use any filling and the result will be delicious, perfect for a box-lunch the very next day. Get creative and try different flavours. You’ll never get tired of making this.
The Vegan version is one of the easies and tastier vegan meal I’ve ever tried. Also, get creative and add your favourite spices, vegetables, herbs to the tofu and personalise your roll. You won’t regret it!
“We want to teach families how to cook Tuscan wherever you are. How to reuse your leftovers. How to trick the kids into eating whatever you want by putting it into a frittata.”Debi Mazar
Quick, Easy and Delicious Frittata Roll (Vegetarian and Vegan Version)
- oven tray
For the Vegetarian Version
- 6 Eggs
- 250 gr Ricotta
- as required Pistachio Pesto or any pesto you fancy
- to taste Grated Parmesan
- to taste Salt and Pepper
For the Vegan Version
- 200 gr Chickpeas Flour Gram Flour
- 550 gr Water
- 250 gr Tofu
- as required Vegan Pesto I used 20 gr pistachios, 20 gr peanuts, 50 gr rocket and 4 basil leaves.
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl, either beat the eggs or mix the chickpea flour and water and season with salt and pepper either version. Line the oven tray with some no-stick baking paper and pour the mixture. Adjust the size of the roll with some aluminum foil if required, the mixture layer should be 0.5-1 cm thick.
- Bake at 200C for 15 min the eggs or 30 min the chickpeas flour mixture.
- Mix the Tofu with the Vegan pesto, season with salt and pepper and with your favourite spices.
- Once cooked, get the roll layer from the oven and let it cool for a couple of minutes – do not let it cool completely as it might break when you try to roll it if completely cold. – For the Vegetarian Version: spread a layer of Pistachio pesto and then a layer of ricotta– For the Vegan Version: spread the Tofu mixture.Roll, helping yourself with the baking paper.
- OPTIONAL: Add some grated parmesan or some grated vegan cheese on top and put it again in the oven for 5 min. Eat either warm or cold!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!