I definitely am a soup fan. not as much a tomato soup fan, to be honest. Tomato sauce, I think, belongs to pasta. Indeed, I am not even able to drink a Bloody Mary. Well, if you fell as I do, this soup will definitely be a gamechanger. The Sweet peppers make everything much more refreshing, and it’s so creamy you’ll fall in love.
Don’t let the timings fool you: this soup is just so quick to prepare. The longest part would be the marinated yolk, which, to be fair, can also be omitted, as the soup is so good as it is. On the other hand, though, the marinated yolk gives that creamy kick you don’t really wanna miss. So, well. Your choice! Either way, you won’t regret trying this amazing soup out!
“Grilled cheese and tomato soup is the ultimate comfort meal.”Ina Garten
Roasted Pepper and Tomato Soup with Marinated Yolk
- baking tray
- electric blender
- 400 gr Canned Plum Tomato
- 2-3 Shallots
- 2 Sweet Peppers
- 2 Egg Yolks
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 10 gr Butter or Olive Oil
- For the marinated yolk, place it in a container with the same amount of salt and sugar. cover it up and place it in the fridge for 3-4 hrs.
- Warm up the oven at 220 C and bake the whole peppers for about 20-30 minutes, until you see the skin is coming out.
- In a pot, warm up the butter or olive oil and fry the chopped shallots. When browned, add the tomatoes and basil and cook for about 10 minutes. Take the peppers out of the oven and let them cool.
- Peel the peppers and remove the top and the seeds. Cut into slices and add half of it to the tomato. keep the rest for decoration. Cook the soup for other 5 minutes, then season and blend everything together.
- Take out the yolk from the fridge and carefully wash it from the salt excess. Serve the soup with the leftovers of the peppers, the yolk and some cream. Eat warm!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!