As a first day of my Fundraising project for the Swiss Cetacean Society, I focused on the Root Chakra, located at the base of the spine. The root chakra (Muladhara) is responsible for your sense of safety and security on this journey. The root chakra is comprised of whatever provides stability in your life, including your basic and emotional needs. When these needs are met, you feel grounded and safe, and tend to worry less day to day.
Bircher, or overnight oats, are some amazing healthy comfort food. Combining different fruits, you can easily get different flavours every time, and it is perfect during the summer months. You can easily make this birch become a porridge, by warming up all the main ingredients except for the raspberries in a saucepan and stirring through. Once the oats are cooked, add the mashed raspberries and enjoy its warm and fulfilling taste.
Check out more on this project at the link above, and sustain the Swiss Cetacean Society for a better ocean and protecting sea life.
“Aldous HuxleyWhat we feel and think and are is to a great extent determined by the state of our ductless glands and viscera.“
Apple and Raspberry Bircher with Pistachio Confetti
- Electric Food Chopper (optional)
- 100 gr Rolled Oats
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 240 ml Almond Milk or Milk of Choice
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Maple or Agave Syrup
- 2 Apples, grated
- 1 tbsp Mixed Seeds Sunflower, Pumpkin etc
- 125 gr Fresh or Frozen Raspberries or/and Blueberries
- 50 gr Natural Yogurt Vegan if necessary
- to taste Raw Pistachio Roughly Chopped
- Put the oats into a medium mixing bowl, add the cinnamon, milk and seeds and stir to combine. Add the vanilla extract, agave syrup, and the grated apple and stir again.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight or for at least 20 minutes. If using frozen berries remove from the freezer and thaw in a bowl.
- Once it soaked, uncover and stir. Add some more water in case it results being too dense. Mash the berries using a fork and add them to the mixture. Taste it and adjust with more syrup if needed.
- Serve the bircher in two breakfast bowls, with a spoon of yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped pistachio confetti. Keeps for 3-4 days in the fridge
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!