We all know Baci di Dama, these small soft almonds cookies taken together by a small layer of chocolate. I want to give you a new version of this globally known cookie, with a savoury version which would be just perfect as an appetizer.
If I have to speak for myself, I like savoury much more than sweet treat (is 90% dark chocolate being considered as sweet treat?). So, after the sweet Baci di Dama recipe, I decided to experiment with flavours and flours and make this pistachio-rocket flavoured Baci di Dama. The filling, made with cheese and cocoa powder results just an amazing contrast in your mouth. Perfect as an appetizer or a snack, make loads, as they finish very quickly!
“Kiss me, and you will see how important I am.”Sylvia Plath, The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
Savoury Baci di Dama
- Electric Mixer
- baking tray
- 200 gr White Flour
- 100 gr Pistachio Flour
- 200 gr Ricotta
- 50 gr Grated Parmesan
- 40 gr Butter
- 75 gr Rocket (Rucola)
- 5 gr Baking Powder
- 5 gr Salt
- to taste Pepper
For the Filling
- 50 gr Gorgonzola or Blue Cheese
- 50 gr Ricotta
- 25 gr Cocoa Powder
- Grind the pistachios in the blender until very fine. Add the rocket and grind again. Pour the mixture in a bowl and add al the other cookies ingredients.
- Warm up the oven at 180C. Make some small balls with the dough, with wet hand and place them on a baking tray lined up with baking paper. squeeze the balls on the top a little bit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling by mixing together all the ingredients.
- Once baked, let the cookies cool, pair them and make the baci di dama. Enjoy the same evening as appetizer!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!