Yule Log is a Christmas must, I think! Nevertheless, I have to day I am more of a savoury tooth. This is seriously the most amazing recipe for a savoury Yule log. Moist, cheesy and tasty. a perfect appetizer, and cute too!
I have to say when I was a kid my grandma always had these chocolatey stuff in he cupboard… Nevertheless, once she made….. Whatever. My mood right now is like: just make it. Everything else is too boring both for writing and reading. This is amazing. Trust me. The colour too. Going to have dinner bye!
“Herb nodded. ‘Problem is, you knocked up your girl. That’s the only way women’ll allow you to get away with a Justice of the Peace.’ Herb looked back to Hank as many of the men coughed to hide their laughter. ‘That’s the ticket, son, only way to save us all. Start workin’ on makin’ a baby.'”Kristen Ashley
Savoury Yule Log
- (Electric) Whisk
- oven tray
- 5 Egg whites
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 300 gr Cooked Beetroot
- 1 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp White Vinegar
- 50 gr Plain Flour
- to taste Seasoning
For the Filling
- 100 gr Rocket or Spinach
- 150 gr Soft Goats Cheese
- 300 gr Ricotta
- 50 gr Walnuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- to taste Salt and Pepper
- Blend the Beets and in the meantime whip the eggs. Mix together the mashed beets, egg yolk, flour, mustard, white vinegar and seasoning until smooth. Once the egg whites are white and fluffy, start mixing together the beets mixture, slowly and carefully.
- Line up a flat oven tray with some baking paper and warm up the oven at 180C. Scrape the beet mixture in the tin and gently smooth to level. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- For the filling, put the rocket or spinach into boiling water for about 3 minutes. Drain and squeeze them from water excess, then roughly chop them.
- In a bowl, mix all the filling ingredients together.
- Once the roulade is cooked, let it cool for 5-10 minutes and invert it on a clean baking sheet. Spread off the baking parchment then spread over the filling. Roll up the roulade from the short edge. Transfer it to a serving plate or board and enjoy!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!