Are you a brunch fan? I believe everyone does. The mixture of sweet and savoury preparations you can choose from, just makes it the best meal for the weekend. Nevertheless, it seems like sometimes the vegan options are pretty boring. I am sure I’ll make you change your mind.
It’s really difficult preparing meals during summer. It’s hot, everyone feels tired, and the last thing you want to do is taking out your pans and cook. This is the main reason why I love brunch, during summer especially. Few ingredients, quick to prepare, but yet very tasty and nutritious. I can’t wait to have my friend over next week and make these vegan pancakes. They truly are lifechanging. All the ingredients are super easy to find, plus, they are very quick to prepare. Perfect for the lazy summer mornings.
“It was like the way you wanted sunshine on Saturdays, or pancakes for breakfast. They just made you feel good.”Sarah Addison Allen
The Best Vegan Savoury Pancakes Ever: Spring Onions and Greek “Cheese”
- 1 Bowl
- 1 frying pan
- 1 Chopping Board
- 1 Small Bowl
- 75 gr Brown Flour
- 25 gr Chickpeas Flour or Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 250 ml Vegan Milk I used Soy
- 60 gr Vegan Greek Cheese
- 1 big Red Spring Onion
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- to taste Fresh Herbs I used Thyme
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil for greasing the pan
for the Quick Avocado Mash
- 1 Avocado
- 2-3 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 Spring Onion I used the green part
- 1 tsp Tahini
- 1 tsp Salt and Chilli
- Start from the pancake mixture. Mix the flours with the baking powder and slowly add and mix the vegan milk. Once well combined, chop the spring onions and add them to the mixture, together with the feta and seasoning.
- Warm up the pan with the olive oil and, once warm, add spoons of the mixture. This amount yields 6-8 pancakes. turn the pancake once they start forming bubbles at the top, cooking them 6-7 minutes each side.
- While they cook, prepare the mashed avocado, chipping the cherry tomatoes and spring onion and mixing everything together.
- Serve the pancakes layering up with the avocado mash. I added some fresh tomatoes and basil on the side. Enjoy!!!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!