Day six, of my fundraising project. The sixth Chakra, Aijna, is in the area of the third eye, in the space between the eyebrows. This is the center of intuition, a spiritual chakra which means ‘beyond wisdom’, and leads to an inner knowledge. This intuition and wholeness allow us to look at our physical body as an integrated whole. This is where we can find an understanding of our true health. The color o this chakra is indigo, and allows us to finally listen to what our bodies need and act accordingly.
As we see autumn coming, these are the last days we can actually enjoy having a salad for lunch. I believe with September we start giving away salads, substituting these with soups, don’t you think? The idea of boiling cauliflower with turmeric is just amazing, as it gives a vibrant yellow color, much stronger than when roasting it. The sweetness of the coconut and sultanas along with the cauliflower and bitterness of the rocket, create and amazing contrast. Every bite is different from the previous one, and believe me when I say you could eat the entire bowl in no time.
“A well-made salad must have a certain uniformity; it should make perfect sense for those ingredients to share a bowl.”Yotam Ottolenghi
Turmeric Cauliflower and Butter Beans Salad
- Pot with Salted Boiling Water
- 1/2 head Cauliflower cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Carrots
- 200 gr Canned Butter Beans or Chickpeas
- 40 gr Sultanas
- 20 gr Dried Shredded Coconut
- 1 handful Rocket
- to taste Salt, Pepper, Olive Oil and Sesame seeds
- Add the turmeric powder to the boiling water and cook the Cauliflower for 3-5 minutes. Drain and let it cool. It will be of a vibrant yellow- color.
- Peel and shred the carrots. Put all the ingredients together in a bowl and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Serve the salad with a scattering of black sesame seed.
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!