Are you looking for some new sweet vegan recipes, now that #Veganuary began? I’ve got you covered. This is the best Vegan Shortcrust Pastry you could ever make. On a plus, it is so versatile!
Many people around the world are trying to be vegan this January. I can’t say I will too, though. I’m pescetarian, and I believe if everyone does its own part everyday we’ll manage to defeat animal exploitation and suffering. However, if you’re trying to go vegan this year, let’s do it properly.
With this quick and easy shortcrust pastry, you can bake amazing biscuits. Try to add some chocolate chips to get the most amazing chocolate chip cookies. It’s delicious when used as a pie crust as well, it goes perfectly with my Vegan Pastry Cream. Change the flavor of the yogurt you use to get always different tangs.
I couldn’t decide how to use it for, and I baked both some cookies and a pie this weekend. They came out delicious. Recipes coming soon!
“The difference between superlative pie and a wish for cake is crust. Understand that pie is a generous but self-centered substance. It likes attention, not affection.”Kate Lebo, A Commonplace Book of Pie
Vegan Shortcrust Pastry
- 150 gr Yogurt (any flavor)
- 2 tbsp Potato Starch
- 80 ml Sunflower Oil
- 120 gr Sugar
- 350 gr Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Yeast
- 1 Lemon or Orange Zest
- Mix together yogurt and potato starch, which will be used as a mixture for substituting the eggs.
- Add oil and sugar mixing well, and the lemon or orange zest as well.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together in the batter, with a fork at the beginning and then by hand, until you get a smooth an homogenous dough.
- The Shortcrust Pastry is now ready for immediate use, or it can be kept for a couple of days in the fridge. Get creative!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!