Everybody knows sweet potatoes are amazing any way you prepare them, but have you ever tried to use them in your cookie dough? Believe me, the result is amazing. These gorgeous, sweet and healthy cookies will be a must for your breakfast or snacks.
As we got back from the holidays, we really need to get back into shape and start thinking about healthier options for our meals. Thus, I have been trying over quite a few healthier cookies options for our breakfast, and I have to day these were the best cookies of all. Sweet potatoes, hazelnuts, cocoa powder and oats it’s all I used for the dough and the result was mesmerizing. Perfect with your morning coffee or afternoon tea. Bake loads and keep them in a sealed container, they last up to two weeks!
“Eating right is a natural defense against the sun. Sweet potatoes, dark chocolate, pomegranates, leafy greens, almonds, and teas all help against the sun. Otherwise, 100 SPF will do.”Stella Maxwell
Vegan Sweet Potatoes and Hazelnut Cookies
- oven tray
- 160 gr Oats
- 120 gr Sweet Potatoes
- 100 gr Flour I used half wholemeal and half plain
- 90 gr Brown Sugar
- 50 gr Vegetable Oil
- 55 gr Coconut Milk
- 30 gr Roughly Chopped Hazelnuts
- 30 gr Cocoa Powder
- 6 gr Baking Powder
- Peel and chop the potatoes and boil until very tender. mash into a puree. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Start adding the sweet potatoes, then the oil and coconut milk and mix well. Add the hazelnut and mix again. Line up a baking tray with baking paper and warm up the oven at 180C.
- Make a small ball with some of the dough and then flatten it. Place on the baking tray and repeat for all the dough. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden and crunchy. Enjoy with some tea or coffee once cooled!
I do have a scientific mind, probably it’s the reason why I love to hide in the kitchen and start creating.
My cooking is healthy, fun and colorful… and really tasty!
What are you waiting for? Grab your apron and start creating with me!